Sunday, July 27, 2008

12 years


Today is our 12th anniversary. In honor of this, I wanted to give a list of some kind. I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a list of our twelve best dates or twelve things I love about Carl. I decided to do both.

Our 12 Best Dates
1. Our first date when we saw Toy Story
2. Going for a walk in the dark and lying in the street staring at the stars
3. Taking me hunting for the first time (a little traumatic, but sweet)
4. The day Carlye was born
5. Kidnapping me and taking me to Colorado as a surprise on my first Mother's Day
6. The day Nathanael was born
7. Surprising me with a picnic (with chocolate covered strawberries) in the back pasture
8. The day that Noah was born
9. Surprising me by taking me to the Hyatt hotel and spa for three days
10. Bike riding together
11. Fishing for Halibut in Ketchikan
12. Whale watching in Juneau (or maybe it was just the entire Alaskan Cruise for our 10 year anniversary)

12 Things I love about Carl
1. He loves me
2. His blue eyes
3. He's a mama's boy
4. He never gives up
5. He's the epitome of the American Dream
6. He's the best daddy I've ever seen
7. His passion when he's excited about something
8. His faithfulness to me, his children, family, and friends
9. His giving nature
10. The fact that all that he reads is his Bible (and he reads it every day)
11. His singing voice
12. The fact that he loves is Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with all of his heart, and strives every day to love, serve and honor them to the best of his abilities, and live the life that he should

WOW! That was hard! I didn't want to stop at 12, but I did because otherwise it would be too long! Here's a couple of other things we realized last night. We will be 33 and 34 on our 25th anniversary, 58 and 59 on our 50th anniversary, and 78 and 79 on our 70th anniversary. Crazy, huh? I love you, baby. Thank you for 12 wonderful years, and here's looking at many, many more.

4 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

It made me cry. Congratulations! Why couldn't you come to Colorado when we lived there?

Grandma Bailey said...

12 years goes quickly when you are having fun. I can't believe it has been that long. We ar grateful to have Carl in our family. He is great man.

Heather said...

Congrats you guys. 12 years is wonderful. You are the perfect couple. I hope you have another wonderful date to add to your list today!

pambelina said...

12 years. Wow, you're so old.