Monday, July 21, 2008

Nostalgia - or something

I went to the Point Theatre tonight with David and Jodi and Ryan and April and all the kids to see their production of High School Musical. It is amazing the feelings of nostalgia that seem to instantly overtake you when you walk in. Melissa May-Moncus directed it, but she wasn't at the performance tonight so I didn't get to see it (she's living in San Marcos, with Steve and their adopted daughter). Being there was somewhat indescribable. While I can't say that I have any regrets it makes me yearn for times past. Dancing, performing, playing my clarinet. There are so many amazing memories there. I realized that I miss it. Something that I had truly never expected. I'm so happy and content with my life - it couldn't be better if I'd custom ordered it. But then I wonder, what if I hadn't quit dancing, or playing the clarinet? What if I still had a piano and practiced all the time? Would I have been amazing at something other than being mommy and wife? And while I have no reason to lament my life, I still wonder at times what might have been. If only....

3 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Your dad was saying the other night he wished you had a piano to play. You would be surprised how quickly you could get some of that back. One day when your kids are older you can - like Dad did and go be in productions or help with them like I did. It is a fun place to be. I can imagine how you felt because we miss it and aren't even there.

Heidi Noel said...

I like the new format. How did you do it?

I know how you feel. I am that way with my singing and acting, too. If it truly is something that the Lord still needs from me, it will happen again someday.

Heather said...

I see you were playing dress up too! I like the new background. It is fun isn't it!