Friday, July 17, 2009

My phone and my dad - not in order of importance

Dear Family,
Today my phone disappeared. It is dead, so it won't ring, and we absolutely can't find it anywhere. And yes, this is the SECOND time this week. I know that all of you are thinking that I don't do well with keeping track of my things, and while I would like to deny it, I am forced to admit that it's true. Sadly, I have been unable to remedy this situation, short of installing a phone in my head. And until I find a solution I would appreciate it if you would all think of it as a lovable little quirk and not a dysfunctional characteristic. Thank you. Also, I would appreciate your love and tolerance in this situation. If you need to get a hold of me please feel free to call me on my husbands cell phone. He, quite the opposite of me, has this uncanny ability to be able to keep track of his things - even when he has Noah with him. So until I find my phone - or buy a new one - I just want you all to know that I am not dead, nor am I angry, nor am I ignoring you. I'm simply absent minded, with a memory like a sieve. It's a gift really. I mean, not everyone can lose or drop their phone into liquids as often as I do. I know, you're jealous.



SOOOO, since I can't call and tell him -

Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you so much and I am so thankful that you are my Dad. You have been an amazing Daddy to me and Grandpa to my kids. Thank you for who you are and for all that you do for us. All of us miss you, and wish you were here to share your special day with us again. Of course, you'd probably just get another Webkinz, but it's worth the risk. We love you and send many hugs and kiss your way.

4 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I am too his favorite! You can see him thinking, "I love Carianne, but she is not Heidi."

Heidi Noel said...

You know I am teasing, right? I love you.

~kristi said...

i have the same gift - married to 1 of those too. Just got my phone back, been in san fracisco all week, left it in the rental car.

JJthe1st said...

I believe if you have more thatn one child that you are keeping track of than you have grace coming your way from all mothers. Love the pic of you and me. Please email...