In exactly 11 days my wonderful and amazing husband will be leaving for his first (yes, first) of two hunting trips. This one is to Colorado and he will be gone for 8 days. The second trip is in November, but that's next months problem. Meanwhile, I am gearing myself up for the long week.
Don't get me wrong, there are MANY pros to this prolonged absence, such as:
1) I get the bed ALL to myself
2) I get to set the thermostat
3) I can watch whatever I want on TV
But there are many, many cons:
1) I have to walk Emmy late at night before bed all by myself and last year I was nearly killed by rabid possums and disoriented deer
2) I'll have to pack the school lunches every night all by myself
3) There will be no one to help with the laundry
4) I will be the only one to deal with whatever "crisis" or adventure that my children get themselves into while he's gone
5) I'll have the bed all to myself
6) He will probably come back with a monster elk that I'll have to hang on my wall, and then where will the mule deer go?
7) I'll have to find some recipes that include elk meat
So, I have quite a bit of preparation to do over the next few days. The plus side is that this year he'll be here on my birthday (he wasn't last year), he will, however, miss the Noah's. Sad. So, in honor of my husbands past (and future) hunting trips, I have posted this video to share with you.

2 comments:
I am sorry and I know how you feel - about the seperation not the elk part! I love you and if you need anything call me.
Ugh - I know you totally didn't mean to, but you made me feel bad! I mean, what is 8 days compared to what you've done! I love you, and thank you, I know that you're there for me!
Post a Comment