Monday, January 9, 2012

Carlye's Loft Bed

While my mom and dad were visiting over the Christmas holidays my dad built Carlye a loft bed for her birthday. She LOVES her birthday present! We are finally done with all of the finishing touches, so here are the official pictures!

My favorite part of her bed - the upholstered head board!:


Side view of her bed with Smurfette looking on happily:


This is her desk area, with 3 bulletin boards that I upholstered in the same fabric as her headboard. I'm thinking I'll put a long chalkboard along the top area with some fun colored chalk:


Carlye sitting happily under her bed:


The under side of her bed. We upholstered the bottom with the same fabric as her headboard. See the neat little bookshelf with adjoining pocket shelf that daddy built? (pocket shelf to the left):


Ladder shot/Front of the bed:


Thank you, Daddy! She loves it!

4 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

We are so happy she likes it. Dad was so pleased with the finishing touches you made. He so wished he could have done them himself but he did you give you 'good bones' to work with. Love you and miss you!

~kristi said...

very nice, happy birthday

Heidi Noel said...

Oh so jealous! It is adorable and suits her so well. Maybe when we are settled we can have him do one or two for us.

pambelina said...

I want one.