Today is my mother in laws 60th birthday, and I thought that it would be appropriate to honor her. There are so many things to say about her. She is one of the most loving, selfless people that I have ever met. She came from a very difficult childhood, and continued through a very difficult young adulthood and married life. However, none of this has made her bitter, angry or antisocial. She has never asked "why, me?" she simply prays and then faces it with the Lord. She has loved unselfishly people who often didn't (and still don't) deserve her love, and prays unceasingly for them. She has raised four beautiful and amazing children who love and honor her, each other and their spouses, and have become amazing parents as well. Is there a better testimony for any mom? She gives unselfishly over and over again, often having to sacrifice things for herself. She has never met a stranger, greets everyone with a smile, and can find the good in everyone - even those whom the rest of us believe are rotten to the core. She has become more stubborn in her old age (ha-ha), but is still an amazing friend and an even more amazing grandmother. She seems to have an unending patience with even the most annoying toddler (unless they get her hair wet!!), and takes joy in spending time with them and doing special things. She loves the Lord with all of her heart, and lives her life to please and honor Him. She loved me when I was an unlovable, bad tempered, bossy and hateful daughter-in-law, and found the good even in me. I love her dearly, and I am so thankful the Lord put her in my life. Happy Birthday!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Patricia
Today is my mother in laws 60th birthday, and I thought that it would be appropriate to honor her. There are so many things to say about her. She is one of the most loving, selfless people that I have ever met. She came from a very difficult childhood, and continued through a very difficult young adulthood and married life. However, none of this has made her bitter, angry or antisocial. She has never asked "why, me?" she simply prays and then faces it with the Lord. She has loved unselfishly people who often didn't (and still don't) deserve her love, and prays unceasingly for them. She has raised four beautiful and amazing children who love and honor her, each other and their spouses, and have become amazing parents as well. Is there a better testimony for any mom? She gives unselfishly over and over again, often having to sacrifice things for herself. She has never met a stranger, greets everyone with a smile, and can find the good in everyone - even those whom the rest of us believe are rotten to the core. She has become more stubborn in her old age (ha-ha), but is still an amazing friend and an even more amazing grandmother. She seems to have an unending patience with even the most annoying toddler (unless they get her hair wet!!), and takes joy in spending time with them and doing special things. She loves the Lord with all of her heart, and lives her life to please and honor Him. She loved me when I was an unlovable, bad tempered, bossy and hateful daughter-in-law, and found the good even in me. I love her dearly, and I am so thankful the Lord put her in my life. Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are right. She is amazing. She makes me feel like family when I am there. You are very lucky, you know?
You are very blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law. We have always been grateful to her for being your mother when we were not there. She is a true Christian sister.
She is wonderful woman. She even loved my little stinkers when we came to visit! Bella always tells me how nice Carlye's Grandma is and how fun her house was!
Post a Comment