Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My house

I am not a lazy person. I'm not sure if that's true, or if I'm just telling myself that, but I really believe it - so of course, that's all that matters! However, despite the fact that I am not a lazy person, my house is a total and complete disaster. It's really quite impressive, actually. I don't know how many people are able to reach levels of destruction at this magnitude, but I can now say that I've accomplished it. My laundry has overtaken not only the laundry room, but the bathrooms and my children's rooms as well. There are stacks and stacks and stacks of paperwork and artwork and story starters and notes and doodles on napkins that need to be organized (or thrown away), and there is one corner of my room where the carpet is probably still the original color because of it's lack of exposure to sun light. There are drawers and filing cabinets and boxes and a closet with things in them that I haven't looked at in months (possibly even years - not an exaggeration), and I'm not sure if I should look in them, or if I should just throw them away. After all, as it is I won't know what I'm missing! Of course, the very horriblest part of all is that I am feeling totally sick to my stomach, and all I can do right now is lay here and wish that my house was not the way that it is. Oh, well. It is what it is.

On a side note, Tony Parker got hurt yesterday while he was playing in the European League. Badly.

Needless to say, we're thrilled.

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

The only explanation for my house is that I am lazy. I don't have nearly as much space as you, though. I am sorry you are feeling badly. Read Pam's book and rest. I did that yesterday and today I am doing better.

Grandma Bailey said...

I love how our SPURS get destroyed when they are not on the team! They need to sign a contract that says they can't do anything but play for the SPURS or we will never win again!

I am sure our house growing up was up to what you are looking at right now. There were days I just couldn't keep ahead of you guys and I just gave up! No one understood that until you became mothers. I am a clutter-bug but not to the proportions you girls helped me to be.

Penny said...

I can relate to that closet thing. I desperately need to go through so much stuff but it will take me a very long time and I am scared!
Love you!