So, after a crazy two weeks (involving VBS, friend insanity, children insanity and sicknesses) my husband who loves me dearly is taking me to the Hyatt in the Hill Country this weekend.
Yep, the whole weekend.
All because I tricked him into marrying me 13 years ago (Just Kidding - we all know he tricked me!).
And I am so excited.
I am going to lay in a hammock, and do nothing - or maybe read.
I am going to get a 90 minute couples massage with my husband (jealous!).
I am going to ride a bicycle, sleep late, go to breakfast by myself and enjoy the silence (Carl will be sleeping late by himself and enjoying the silence), lounge around in a super comfy bed doing nothing, chill in the hot tub, swim, eat lots of yummy food, and probably miss my kids like crazy because I'm not good at being away from them even though I really need it sometimes and I'm always a better mommy when I come back.
But most of all I'm going to enjoy being with my husband. I'll probably talk his ear off, while he smiles and nods as though he's really listening (we all know he's coming up with winning strategies for the Spurs, but as long as he doesn't LOOK like he is, I'm okay with that). We'll go for walks and watch crazy movies, and probably sleep a lot because as young parents that's a very valuable commodity - and, who are we kidding, sleep is Carl's love language! His proudest moments as a father have been when his children sleep past 8 a.m., and he nearly explodes if they sleep even later. SO weird.
Sooooo, you may not hear from me until Monday, and now you know why.
Well, I may blog this afternoon.
If I'm alive.
You see, I was given a gift of 8 sessions with a personal trainer by a friend who I think is a masochist, but I haven't been able to prove this yet. All because I made a stupid comment about getting back in shape and not liking what Noah did to my stomach (yes, Noah - the other two had better manners), and that if I could afford it I would pay someone to help me because I don't have the push to do it myself. Let's face it, as a mom, when things get crazy the first thing I'm gonna ditch is my work out. I'm just saying is all...
So, today I am going to go work out with a guy who made my brother in law throw up, and who used to train marines at Gitmo. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what she said. I may have made that last part up unintentionally, but hey, it makes him sound scarier, doesn't it?
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Have a blast!! Enjoy every minute~
Post a Comment