Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm sorry

In September I blogged about some convictions that I held, and while I knew that I offended several people I have recently found out that there were many more hurt by what I said. I am so sorry. Nearly everyone I knew thought that it was directed towards them and it wasn't. It was a conglomeration of many, many things that had happened, and I wrote it out of anger. I felt alienated and picked on because of who I am and what I believe and I felt the need to defend myself. I also brought Carl into it, which I shouldn't have. While he and I may share the same convictions I cannot speak for him. I also should have made it more clear that I do not hold anyone else to my standards and convictions. I believe that everyone has their own path to walk. All I was asking in that blog was for people to stop trying to change me. I have a friend who doesn't believe in allowing her children to dress up for Halloween for any reason at all. When another friend and I tried to change her mind on this we hurt her very deeply. That's when I realized that we are supposed to support each other in our convictions, not try and discourage them. I am sorry for those that I hurt. I love you all very much. But if you choose to remain angry, please know that I was the one who did it - not Carl. Don't take my rash words out on him.

No comments: