Friday, January 30, 2009

Jodi's making me do this!

25 Random things about me

1) I played the clarinet for 6 years
2) I was always 1st or 2nd chair (even when I had to compete against seniors)
3) I played the bass clarinet
4) I received a dance scholarship to BYU dance camp but didn't get to go (for ballet)
5) While in college Carl and I ate dinner for a month for free at McDonalds because of the Disney Trivia game. I don't think they liked us there.
6) I have fallen over while trying to go the restroom in a public place without touching the seat and wet all my clothes
7) My daughter was born on her due date
8) I am so scared of heights that I've gotten stuck on the third step of a ladder and had my youngest child make fun of me while I screamed for his daddy to come and save me
9) I love Pippi Longstocking
10) When Carl and I were first married and living in married student housing at college I parked so close to another truck that my side view mirror was in front of the other trucks windshield so there was absolutely no way to back out our vehicle. When Carl drove forward and into the lawn he ran over a spigot and it began spewing water all over the yard. We called it in and then left to eat until it was taken care of.
11) I love to hang pictures all over my walls and place them on every available surface
12) I like to collect old children's books
13) I've been fishing in Alaska with the Gorton Fisherman (seriously - he was)
14) I've seen humpback whales bubble net feeding - which occurs very rarely, and is apparently seen even more rarely
15) I've eaten snails
16) I scored a 32 on my ACT
17) I competed in CX debate and was AWESOME
18) Carl and I met at a birthday party of a mutual friend, went for a walk, and he stole a flower out of someone's garden to give to me and then lay down with me in the middle of the street to look at the stars - I know, he's soooo boring now!
19) I like going to the zoo more then my kids do
20) I like Sea World better than Fiesta Texas because roller coasters were made by the devil
21) I always wanted to be Laura Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie
22) I would love to have a milk cow and chickens (Carl says no I wouldn't)
23) I can't play basketball, volleyball, tennis, or any other sport and get very scared when people want to play these things for "fun"
24) I would rather read the book then watch the movie
25) A few days before Carl and I were married I almost ran over his dad in the parking lot of his gas station while trying to drive off in a stick shift station wagon

I tag my mom, Heather, and Pam, and double tag Heidi because I feel mean.

2 comments:

JJthe1st said...

I did not know that you almost ran over Carl's dad. And scared of heights is an understatement.
Love you. Thanks!

Colleen said...

We have a lot in common! I also played the clarinet for 6 years and I played the alto clarinet which is very rare these days! I am deathly afraid of heights and I LOVE Laura Ingall!